DIY

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

July 8, 2015
Thrift Store Tray Makeover

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

Hi Guys!

Today I am sharing my thrift store tray makeover with you. This was not something I was going to even post about, but I like how it came out and I even took a “before” photo so I said “why not”?  Maybe I will inspire someone to do a little thrift shopping! But hey, do not forget to invite me along! 😉

Here is the lovely “before’ photo.  I got this little cutie for a couple bucks! Sorry that I painted over your lovely flowers Ellen, but they just didn’t fit with my style. I hope you understand.  :) At least I think that was the name I read….scrawled so cutely on a leaf :)

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

First, I sanded over the flowers so I would have a nice smooth finish. I painted it with two coats of chalk paint in white.

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

Then took some jute twine and wrapped the handles, hot gluing the beginning and the end. I think it gives it a little bit of a coastal feel to it. Perfect for summer, do you agree?

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

Wouldn’t you know that of course it started sprinkling as soon as I was trying to take some pics!

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

Are you sick of my moss bucket showing up in every post? Haha I love it and its just so photogenic I can’t help it!

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

Wow I think this is the shortest post I have ever done! :)

To view more inexpensive projects click here !

Have a happy day!

Signature4

P.S  Don’t forget to, ok you know the drill by now! Pin! :)

Thrift Store Tray Makeover

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

• Reply Linda July 8, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Whew! When I first opened it and saw the poinsettias, I thought, I sure hope that’s the before pic. Thankfully it was! The white tray with the twine is super cute!

• Reply Misty July 11, 2015 at 9:17 am

Thanks, Linda! I like poinsettias and all….. just not on my trays! :) Have a great weekend!

• Reply Tyler July 8, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Wow that looks so great! I’m guffaw in about your moss bucket showing up in every pic comment!

• Reply Misty July 11, 2015 at 9:17 am

LOL! Thanks Tyler! :)

• Reply Wendy July 9, 2015 at 8:23 am

Love it Misty – been looking for a tray for my kitchen counter – guess I should try a thrift store

• Reply Misty July 11, 2015 at 9:16 am

Thanks, Wendy! I have found a few at the thrift store! Cheap and easy to makeover. :)

• Reply Gilly @ Colour Saturated Life July 11, 2015 at 7:34 pm

This is stunning now, I love the addition of the twine. I use the same props too and think people must get sick of seeing them, if only we were all prop stylists and had an unlimited supply of props on hand….a girl can dream!
    Gilly @ Colour Saturated Life recently posted…{Art Fix} Ikat RedoMy Profile

• Reply Misty July 12, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Thanks, Gilly! Yes an unlimited supply of props would be great! 😉

• Reply Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com July 15, 2015 at 4:29 pm

Looks awesome, Misty! Amazing what paint can do!! Love you styled it too :) THanks for sharing at our party… hope you share with us again tomorrow :)

• Reply Amy | Canary Street Crafts August 5, 2015 at 10:00 pm

What a massive improvement!! I never would have thought to wrap twine around the handles. Such a great idea! It looks fantastic, Misty!
    Amy | Canary Street Crafts recently posted…Duck Egg Blue TableMy Profile

• Reply Mandy April 13, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Hi, very inspiring. Just wondering – has the chalk paint stood up to the knocks of everyday life?